Waverley Brownall’s Duplex stainless steel pipe fittings contain a mix of beneficial properties from Ferritic and Austentic steels.
Within the Duplex alloy, is high Chromium and Molybdenum content. It is this unique mix of characteristics that makes Duplex steel a great choice for coping against localised corrosion.
Our pipe fittings come in a range of sizes, with features and benefits for many different piping applications. Duplex stainless steel is roughly twice the strength of regular steel grades.
Developed more than 70 years ago, Super Duplex still proves to be a great choice of material for pipe fittings.
Super Duplex Pipe Fittings: SD Stainless Steel Properties
Austenitic-Ferritic Iron Chromium, Nickel alloy with an addition of Molybdenum. The Super Duplex alloy has good resistance to pitting and stress corrosion cracking.
Compared to conventional stainless steels, super duplex has a high tensile strength which makes it suitable for the onshore and offshore industries.
Super Duplex can provide a solution for companies within the oil and gas sector, particularly the petrochemical industry because its high resistance to acids.
Applications of Super Duplex Stainless Steel & Duplex Stainless Steel
Other applications include: shipbuilding, heat exchangers, marine construction, pulp and paper, blast walls on offshore platforms and pipe systems in chemical tankers.
Duplex Stress corrosion cracking (SCC)
Stress corrosion cracking, also known as SCC is a form of alloy corrosion.
The causes and effects of this type of corrosion can differ regarding:
- The tensile strength of the material
- The temperature the material is exposed to
- The corrosive nature of the surrounding environment
Standard Austenitic steel such as 304 are susceptible to stress corrosion cracking. Duplex stainless steel is an alloy that is suitable for higher temperature applications such as brewing tanks or desalination plants.
Questions? Email us
Characteristics of Duplex Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings
- A higher strength compared to austentic and ferritic stainless steels
- A range of corrosion resistance material properties
- High quality Duplex and Super Duplex from Waverley Brownall ready for made-to-order fittings and valves
- Safe for a vast number of applications across different industries
- Super duplex is by definition a duplex stainless steel with a Pitting Resistance Equivalent Number (PREN) > 40, where PREN = %Cr + 3.3x(%Mo + 0.5x%W) + 16x%N
Super Duplex and Duplex Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings
Our pipe fittings as standard are supplied in a high quality 316 Stainless Steel.
However, with Super Duplex or Duplex Stainless Steels – you will receive all the benefits of this materials properties and extensive application choice.
Our pipe fittings and related products include: High pressure hose adaptors, elbows and tees.
Also available are hose connectors, unions, plugs, bushes, seals and caps!