Super Duplex Ball Valves, Manufactured in the UK
As part of our special metals range, Waverley Brownall offer Super Duplex stainless steel in a variety of our fittings and valves.
Super Duplex Makes A Super Ball Valve
The very first cast of Duplex Stainless Steel was being made back in the 1920-30’s at Avesta in Sweden. It has become particularly popular within the last 30 years. (This primarily due to advances in steel-making.)
As high chromium alloys, Duplex and Super Duplex have a higher tensile strength and good corrosion resistance.
Super Duplex in particular, has fantastic resistance against atmospheric and seawater environments.
Another benefit of picking Super Duplex as your alloy of choice, is its high resistance to cracking. Cracking can be a common problem with austenitic stainless steels.
Although Duplex is generally specified for use in structural and fabrication work, it is often used for pipeline components.
Here at Waverley Brownall, we can generally quote deliveries of less than 8 weeks(UK) for most of our products in the Duplex and Super Duplex range.
Explore our Ball Valve range
Our high-quality ball valves include:
• BV 1000 series Ball Valves
• 3-Way Ball Valves – Our series of T and L ported high pressure diverting range is great for control, diverting and venting liquid or gas at high pressure.
• BV 3000lb or 6000lb – A fantastic valve for hydraulic testing or laboratory equipment
• Gas Industry Standard PSV8 Ball and Needle Valves
• Lockable handle Ball Valves – Waverley Brownall offers Ball Valves of 1000lb, 3000lb and 6000lb.
• Air Actuated Ball Valves with a design that allows for ease of use and installation. Not to mention compact and space saving!
• Cast 316 Ball Valves – As standard, you can also buy our 316 stainless steel ball valves. Free PDF downloads available.
It is important to analyse the alloy choice of your product for any given environment.
Waverley Brownall’s engineers can help you select the right alloy for your application. Don’t hesitate to contact us and ask for more information regarding Duplex and Super Duplex.