We are proud to supply the aerospace industry, helping businesses within aerospace engineering to flourish with a supply of our high-quality components manufactured from titanium (Ti).
We offer tailored advice on special metals from real engineers, helping to guide our customers to make the most valuable purchases. Often, within aerospace, the solution is the use of titanium. For use with extremely high and low-temperature fluctuations, and of course, the importance of strength to weight ratio.
The popularity of using titanium within aerospace projects sparked in the US around the time of the Cold War. The military was scouting for a durable material with very specific capabilities, that gradually worked its way into the commercial aerospace industry.
This wasn’t only happening within the US, but the UK aerospace industry was also starting to implement titanium components, framework, and more, with knowledge of the materials fantastic benefits. Titanium is one material that fits the aerospace industry like a glove!
Advantages of Titanium
Why has titanium become such a widely adopted material for the aerospace industry? By looking at the properties of titanium, you’ll find the answer.
- Titanium has great durability in areas of low temperature
- Titanium has great durability at extremely high temperature
- Titanium is a lightweight alloy when compared to alternatives
- The high strength properties of titanium make it a worthy long-term investment
- High corrosion resistances – especially oxidation because of the immediate forming of a coating upon exposure to air
Uses of Titanium
Listed examples of what titanium is used for (but not limited to!) :
- Aircraft engine manufacture
- Applications requiring lightweight solutions
- Blades and shafts
- Aircraft hydraulic systems
- Armor plating and defence industry equipment
- Fan blades
- Parts for landing gear
UK Supplied Titanium Components
Waverley Brownall is proud to supply the UK aerospace industry with the necessary components for on-going projects.
Our components are manufactured from Titanium, machined via highly technically-capable CNCs, accompanied at all times by experienced engineers.
These are then supplied to our customer, with fast delivery options available and a high-flexibility that our competitors don’t offer.
We also specialise in the manufacture of bespoke titanium products.
Looking for a quote? Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org