Metric tube sizes chart, showing the tube OD and tube wall thickness and pressures in bar. The OD measurement is the Outside Diameter of the tube. Our tubing comes in a wide range of stainless steel 316 that coincides with our single ferrule compression fittings.
Metric Tube Sizes Chart
(Pressures in bar)
Tube Wall Thickness (Metric)
Tubing within the grey-shaded area is not recommended with gas service.
It is recommended that tubing used within the teal-shaded area be pre-assembled in a pre-assembly tool prior to installation
Stainless Steel Tube Working Pressures
The working pressures in the following tables are for single ferrule tube fittings and connectors are based on tubing rated at 75,000 psi minimum UTS and allowable working stress of 20,000 psi as specified in ANSI B31.3 1987, for a temperature range of -29 degrees to + 30 degrees Celsius. Pressures for the above Metric Tube Sizes Chart is in bar. What is Pressure Bar?
Instrument Tubing Selection
- A wide range of 316 stainless steel tubing
- ASTM A-269 in both metric and imperial sizes
- Cut to any length subject to a minimum of 1m
- Imperial sizes for Tube OD include 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 and more
- Single ferrule compression fittings will work fine with most types of soft tubing as long as the tube wall thickness is 1mm or above
Order Stainless Steel TubeToday!
Waverley Brownall supply tubing globally to the highest British standards. Fast delivery for UK and international orders.
Metric and Imperial sizing available.
Our sales team will get back to you shortly.